Paul Davis and Judi Davis, trading as Astro-holidays.com, respect the importance of your privacy and are committed to safeguarding your personal information.
You are free to explore our website without providing any personal information about yourself.
To provide our services, we must collect personal information from you and this policy outlines how we treat that personal information after it has been collected by any channel, which include our website, call centre and any future digital services or channels as they evolve..
What information will we collect?
We may collect all or some of the following information relating to you or other members of your party :
- Names and contact/address details including telephone number(s) and email address.
- The age of any member of your party under 16 years.
- Special requirements such as those relating to any disability or medical condition which you choose to disclose to us in relation to a holiday property reservation.
You are responsible for ensuring that other members of your party are aware of the content of this Policy and consent to your acting on their behalf in all your dealings with us.
Some of the information we collect may be considered "sensitive personal data" under the Data Protection Act 1998. We collect it to cater to your needs or act in your interest and we are only prepared to accept sensitive personal data from you on the condition that we have your positive consent. We will seek this consent when necessary.
How will we collect this information?
We will only collect personal information from you by specifically asking for it. This might be by email, telephone or an online website form and take place when :
- You engage to purchase a product or service from us or through us.
- When you speak to any of our team.
What will we do with it?
We will never sell information to any third party.
- We will use your name, address, telephone number and email address to complete your booking with us.
- We will also use your details to manage your arrangements, send you notifications and communicate with you generally.
- For the purpose of completing your booking, it is necessary to disclose some of your information to the providers of the services making up your arrangements (all of whom are located within the EEA).
- Credit/debit card payments are processed via our merchant provider on their secure platform and include the card type, date and time, amount, card expiry date, billing postcode, your address and other related information. We do not have sight of the complete card number or CVV code at any time.
- Compelled disclosure. We reserve the right to use or disclose your personal information if required by law or if we reasonably believe that use or disclosure is necessary to protect our rights, protect your safety or the safety of others, investigate fraud or comply with a law, court order or legal process.
- We may from time to time contact you with information about special offers, new products, forthcoming events or seasonal greetings. If you do not wish to receive such information, you may ask us in writing not to receive it.
We would also like to store and use your personal details for future marketing purposes (for example, emailing you details of new properties we feel might be of interest). All details you give us in connection with your booking will be kept but we will use only names and contact details for marketing purposes unless you have indicated that you do not wish us to do so.
We have taken all reasonable steps to have appropriate security measures in place to protect your information. Outside the European Economic Area, controls on data protection may not be as wide as the legal requirements in this country. The transmission of information via the internet is never completely secure. We exclude our liability for personal data lost in transmission to the website.
What can I do?
If you do not agree to our use of the information as set out above, you should inform us as soon as possible by writing to us at Astro-holidays.com, 24 Eisenberg Close, Baldock, Hertfordshire, SG7 6TA, or by email at firstname.lastname@example.org.
You can also choose not to provide us with some or all of the information we request. However, as a result we may not be able to complete or fulfill our services to you.
Upon request we will provide you with information about whether we hold any of your personal information. If you provide us with your personal information, you have the following rights with respect to that information :
- To review the information that you have supplied to us.
- To request that we correct any errors, outdated information or omissions in the information that you have supplied to us.
- To request that your information not be used to contact you.
- To request that your information be removed from any solicitation list that we use.
- To request that your information be deleted from our records.
To exercise any of these rights, please write to us at Astro-holidays.com, 24 Eisenberg Close, Baldock, Hertfordshire, SG7 6TA, or by email at email@example.com. We will respond to your request to change, correct or delete your information within a reasonable timeframe and notify you of the action we have taken.
Customer testimonials and comments are included on our website with the consent of the author or in a manner that does not disclose the identification of the author(s).
What are cookies?
A cookie is a text-only string of information that a website transfers to the cookie file of the browser on your computer's hard disk so that the website can remember who you are. Cookies will typically contain the name of the domain from which the cookie has come, the "lifetime" of the cookie and a value, usually a randomly generated unique number.
Please note that our website contains certain literature and hyperlinks to websites owned by third parties. This privacy statement covers websites owned and controlled by us only. Links to other websites and any information collected by these sites are not covered by this privacy statement.
Updates and Changes
As our privacy statement may change due to developments in the law we encourage you to re read this from time to time so you are aware of any changes in how we gather and use your personal information. Any changes to this Policy will be either be posted on our website and/or made available on request.